Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Camping at Noosa Head




We got a late start saturday, Cindy, Patrick and I. Cindy and Patrick are friends from Portland that I am living with until Sara and the girls come over. We did stop in Noosa to check out the scene and get some rental boards for Cindy and Patrick. Once we arrived at the campground, I was quick to get my gear out and get on the water before it got dark. It was a fun session but a bit wierd, I was the only one in the water and all the fishermen were giving me the stink eye. Cindy and Patick were busy setting up their tent and getting dinner started while I enjoyed the warm water and the setting sun.
We did have some visitors the next morning to look over us while we ate breakfast and packed up our stuff. the surf was a bit junky so we went into town to find some better waves.
We ended up finding some great waves out on Noosa Head that were protected from the wind. It was a great surf in the sun, my first since landing on Oz so I was ready to go for another session after a walk though the nature park that is Noosa Head.
All in all it was a fun weekend. good to get out and see some of the country, do a bit of camping, surfing, kiteboarding and hiking all in a short weekend.

No comments: